- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tablespoons water (or use 2 eggs)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (I used a peas and carrot combo)
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped (onions would work too)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (I used daiya)
- 2 tablespoons flour (brown rice or whole wheat)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine flax seeds and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, peas, red pepper, broccoli, shallots, garlic and cheese. Stir to combine. Add flour and paprika. Salt and pepper to taste. (I also added in a couple tablespoons of nutritional yeast.) Add in flax mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form small patties (if they are too big they won't cook through) and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake 5 to 8 more minutes.
Mix, 1/2 cup mayo (or tofu mayo or Greek yogurt or sour cream)
1 tablespoon siracha
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon of parsley