Fresh Basil Pesto!!!



By far my favorite thing...I just made a huge batch this morning. I make it in bulk and then normally freeze it, sometimes in ice cube trays, sometimes in small containers, so I can thaw in smaller quantities and use on sooo many different things. I normally change up the recipe every time, just go by taste and what I am feeling that day.

The basic...

4 cups VERY fresh basil (like in the picture), don't settle! You can also use cilantro/arugula etc but I sure love basil the most!
Reserve a few leaves for the topping
4 cloves of garlic
olive oil, 1/4 cup or so? Just so it blends well...
1 tspn of salt (if I put parmesan in it I normally skip the salt)
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (or walnuts/almonds/mac nuts etc, can reserve a few for topping too.
1/2 cup parmesean (reserve some for top too)

Variations: pepper, balsamic, lemon

1 comment:

  1. OMG..I am craving your pesto! It is so pricey to make it up here since fresh basil is not in season. I am going to grow a little on my deck once it warms up. :)

    ReplyDelete